Wednesday, January 21, 2015

[Soved] System unresponsive after idling for some time?

System unresponsive after idling for some time? - Disable “automatic maintenance” in Windows 8 Follow this link: http://superuser.com/a/743187

Do the steps mentioned by Andrew Bucklin. Here are I am copy pasting it, so that even if the source is removed, I have a copy of my own:

The Automatic Maintenance task is a built-in scheduled task, but if you think you can just open task scheduler as an administrator and disable it you’re wrong. It will just re-enable itself on Servre 2012 as @abstrask pointed out. You'll need to use the psexec utility (Sysinternals) together with schtasks.exe, and you need to run the command as SYSTEM. Use the following command:
psexec \\SERVERNAME -s schtasks /change /tn "\Microsoft\Windows\TaskScheduler\Maintenance Configurator" /DISABLE
In my scenario, I was testing this on my Hyper-V host, so I simply skipped the \SERVERNAME switch.
psexec -s schtasks /change /tn "\Microsoft\Windows\TaskScheduler\Maintenance Configurator" /DISABLE
Command to runCommand to run
After you run the command, you can verify the task is now disabled in the Task SchedulerAfter you run the command, you can verify the task is now disabled in the Task Scheduler

No comments:

Post a Comment